Tuesday, January 24

e.e. cummings-inspired

I meant everything.
(But not;
I mean,
those parts in which I said
that I would always care or
that I could
never leave your side.)
Well, I did say those things
and I believed them
and meant them
when say them
I did.
Times are different,
now,
and I don't know if those
old, fragile promises can still hold
when you sleep in beds
that don't belong to you or I,
and you peer subconciously
for a mirror from the corner
(Or a camera lens.)
That means you care
for me
so I can't blame you
or feel pain;
I'm no longer allowed
to do that.
Right?
I might, in fact,
have changed my entire demeanor
since you left;
It's different, for sure-
I mean, were it not for
video,
photograph,
knick-knack,
conversations kept,
and this inexhaustible memory
I clearly
would have
forgotten
you
by now.

No comments: