Wednesday, June 14

you're the reason i drink

verse
G 355433
Bm 224432
B 244322
C 032010
Dm 000231
Am 002210

Oh, this is the last poem that I will ever write to blame you for something.
If it hurts me just to think your name, it'll kill me if I sing.
So, if everything is mental, then it's my brain that's got to learn
how to shut off, commiserate no more, cease to feel, and cease to yearn.

I pour another glass, from a stranger's flask.
And culpable for it, I try to be -
but every time I see you,
your radiance still shines through,
and I know for a fact you're ruining me.

There comes a point in every life, when a decision must be made;
whether to go, whether to stay, whether to continue the charade.
For some, their hope of future love will keep them stumbling forth.
But if you've already found and lost it, what can life really be worth?

Your tights, they look so dreadful,
my opinion of your hair I'll never say.
But I swear I would remind you
of your beauty every day;
If you were mine,
if you were mine,
if you were mine,
if you were mine -
oh, this substance will remind me of that time.

Some people never realize what they have until it's gone.
I knew just what I had, my dear, and treasured you all along.
I think I'd like to forget you, forget your name, your weight on me -
which means I'll simply lie here frigid, comatose, yet lacking sleep.

I pour another glass from a stranger's flask,
as culpable for it as I can be.
But every time I see you,
your radiance still shines through,
and I know for a fact you're ruining me.
And every time I see you,
your beauty stuns me, yes it's true,
and I know for a fact you've ruined me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm i like it. a lot.