Tuesday, December 20

Army (Cuz it's inspired by Ben Folds anyway)

It's hard for me to accept
that she is movin' on.
It's hard for me to know
that soon she'll be gone.


She's got her plans all ahead of her,
and I'm staying behind.
She'll be Lieutenant soon;
I'm struggling to try.
She's got on her new coat and boots
and away she will fly.

she can't stop even to think
how much it hurts just to miss,
But she knows her priorities,
and I'm not at the top of the list.

so she joined the army
for the Red, White and Blue.
She's stomping and marching,
like she always wanted to
ain't got time for a boy
so into the future she will move.

I miss her so, every day.
I can't get over it.
Sometimes I hope those ROTC guys
will treat her like shit.

Yeah she really joined the army,
had nothing to do with me.
So I'll transfer far away,
see what God's got for me to see.
And maybe someday,
in our respective futures,
again we will meet.
Please.

No comments: